We use your picture to highlight your work, and a great headshot can make all the difference when marketing your services. That’s why we have summarised a set of guidelines to help you put your best foot (and smile) forward—and feel confident doing so. So, grab your camera and let’s get started!
Things to keep in mind
- Wear something simple and hold off from logos, large lettering and illustrations.
- Eyes tell the whole story, so make sure they are as visible as possible.
- Keep the focus on you, and avoid distracting backgrounds or including other people in your picture.
- Shots that take advantage of sunlight work best.
- Avoid showing props or unnecessary accessories (e.g. computers, handbags, or sunglasses).
- Stand at enough distance to show at least your shoulders. But don’t go too wide: your face is always key.
- Thinking of opting for a selfie? We’d prefer otherwise, but if you must, take the picture in such a way that the arm holding the camera is not visible.
- We know tech now makes it easier than ever, but try not to blur the background, photoshop out wrinkles, heavily airbrush skin, or use overly dramatic studio lighting.
- Black and white photos are still popular, but we prefer colour images.
- JPG or PNG format
- 1:1 or 4:5/5:4 ratios work best, but feel free to go a bit wider as long as you’re centred.
- The image size should be at least 1200 pixels on the shorter side.